I am working with The Giving Heart of Richmond, Virginia to gather 200 sewn tote bags for their Thanksgiving Feast this year. Can you help me reach my goal?
Do you sew? Do you blog? Do you have friends who do either? I need your help to gather beautiful, useful totes for seniors, homeless, and families in need. Volunteers will fill these bags with donated toiletries and other living essentials and hand them out to guests at their Thanksgiving Feast.
Here are some ways you can help right now:
- Sew a simple tote bag and send it. Find a list of tutorials here.
- Get a friend to sew a tote and send it with yours.
- Tweet it, Facebook it, e-mail it. Get the word out that Abbie is gathering tote bags for Richmond, Virginia.
- Send a tote bag you have on hand but don't need.
- Send fabric supplies or sewing notions. Click here for our fabric and notions donation wish list.
- If you have a few dollars please consider donating them to cover my postal costs or to buy materials to make tote bags. (Donations can be made out to Abbie Park or click below for Paypal donations.)
As you pack your tote bags to send please print out this inventory sheet, fill it out, and include it with your package.
All donations should be sent to:
P.O. Box 11904
Burke, VA 22009
If you have any questions please contact me at abbieipark(at)gmail(dot)com.
A big thanks to the bloggers and businesses who are supporting me. If you'd like to see your logo here, please contact me at abbieipark(at)gmail(dot)com to help out.